Home Safety Checklist
- Are you able to enter and exit your home easily?
- Do you have adequate lighting in your stairways and hallways?
- For optimum safety you should have a light switch at the top and bottom of the staircase.
- Is your home clear of clutter?
- Do you have a flashlight, lamp or light switch at your bedside?
- Are electrical and phone cords attached to the wall or secured in a safe manner?
- Are rugs secured on the edges and smooth?
- Do you have a non skid surface in your bathtub or shower?
- Do you have adequate grab bars or hand holds in your bathroom?
- Do you have a portable phone?
- Do you have an emergency response system?
- Do you have an emergency preparedness plan?
Please call 508-366-1766 for more information or additional assistance.